Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday ?

More like supercalifradgilisticexpiallidocious Friday !!! That's the only word that can explain how I felt at 4:30am yesterday morning when my sister and I decided for the first time EVER to shop ! It was insane, but so amusing that we've decided to start a new tradition. I have never entertained the thought of shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but after looking at the sale papers, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I got up at 3:45 in the AM to go to Wal-Mart in hopes of getting some Nintendo DS games. This is really the only thing that Emma has asked for, so Santa is going to bring her one. The games average $20 - $30 bucks, so only paying $9 was a bargain. There were a handful of other bargains as well. Now don't be fooled, I absolutely wasn't going to fight over anything, because that's just goofy. There's nothing I need that bad, plus it's not even what Christmas is about. Well, I got in a line that was supposed to be for the Xbox and games and while I was waiting the lady next to me saw the DS games on the shelf. I am guessing they forgot to put them all behind the glass. Confession time, the other lady and I got our games and got out of line. That was probably not the right thing to do, and I can't justify it, but I did it ! I'm a bargain criminal and I am ashamed !! So.....on to the $4 pj's. Emma loves pajamas with her favorite characters on them, and I am not a fan. Therefore, I don't like to play full price for them. So, I staked out the pj's before they went on sale. When the Wal-Mart employee gave the "go" on shopping, I was totally amazed and I busted out laughing. You would have thought Ed McMahon had just dropped a million dollars on the floor and said it was free-for-all. I'm sorry, I was not going to dive for pajamas ! I calmly parked my basket next to the display and reached in for what I wanted and walked away. I think people definitely create the chaos for themselves. My sister and I shared a basket and got a few good deals. From there, I went to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte, my current favorite, and I headed to Hobby Lobby. It was so peaceful in that place. I made a Target stop, of course, and then headed home. James was playing football with the guys and Emma was with her Aunt and cousin. I crashed out on the couch watching CSI, and I had nightmares of shopping and decorating Christmas trees ! True story. I guess I was so tired and had been thinking about decorating, that I had weird dreams. Strange. Once James and Emma got home, we went tree shopping. Now, James and I have very different tastes when it comes to trees. I happened to love all trees, but the tree themes I like, generally always look better on a white tree. He hates white trees, but is leaving it up to me to change his mind. We found a big fat tree and will hopefully pick it up tonight or tomorrow. They have to flock it for us and it needs a good 24 hours to dry. Once we get it home, I'll be on a mission to make it fabulous and hope James will love it ! I will post pictures soon as I can !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Wal Mart by 3:30 a.m. with all the other crazy folks. It was your Dad that wanted the 50"t.v. but since he was at the deer lease it was up to me to be in line to try and get one...I did it !!! Yeah me ! They only had 4 and when I arrived at 3:30 3 of them already had been staked out so I got my hand on one and wasn't budging from my spot. At 5 a.m. it was utter confusion but after all was said and done I did get my T.v. but didn't get the 1.50 towels or the leapster that I wanted. I'll go back into the craziness at a later date.

Anonymous said...

OH!!! Can I invite myself to come along with you next year. You made that sound FUN!