Monday, March 2, 2009

Fireproof


Last night our church started the Fireproof bible study. We watched the movie last night and will begin the lessons next week. I thought the movie was really good. Much better than I expected actually, and despite some of the acting, it was a very emotional movie. I'm looking forward to the bible study and regardless of where you stand in your current relationship, I think everyone should do this study. I think we too often take each other for granted and then we start just "going through the motions" and relationships get stale. That's when the problems can really start. I think that most of the lessons in the movie can be applied to all our relationships, as well. We need to be nicer to people. We need to love people more for who they are and not what we think they should be. It's hard sometimes not to judge people, and I'm guilty of judging as much as the next person, but I don't know of anyone that has any room to point the finger at someone else. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it, and get a box of Kleenex, because you'll need it !

No comments: