Monday, October 19, 2009

Texas Children's Hospital

Well....if I had to say something about Texas Children's Hospital, it's the best and the worst place to be. I won't go into great detail, but long story short, in a total freak accident, Emma fell backwards off of our garden tub Tuesday night and hit her head on our ceramic floor. We ended up at the hospital twice until she was admitted. Her first scan revealed bleeding by her brain, but at that point they weren't sure where it was coming from and how severe it was. They ordered another scan and injected her with a contrast dye so they could look at her vessels. Praise God that one revealed the bleeding had stopped and she didn't need surgery. When the doctors were bringing up surgery on my baby, I honestly thought I was going to hyperventilate. We ended up staying until Friday and the hospital was so awesome. The staff was so wonderful and I am so thankful. Emma is a tough kid, but I know that because of the people there, she was able to get 2 IV's without shedding a tear, she got 2 cat scans without shedding a tear, and she gave about 6 tubes of blood without shedding a tear. Not to mention all of the other scary things that hospitals have and do. They were really great. I pray that we NEVER have to go back there, but if we do, I'm so thankful to live in a place where we have access to a medical center as awesome as we have in Houston. Emma was actually sad to leave the hospital. She said it was fun. I was also thankful for the reasons we were there. Walking the halls of the Neurology floor will make you appreciate the blessings in your life. It's a tough place to be and there are some tough things to see there, but I promise you that it will open your eyes. Today I have a praise and a prayer request. I'm praising God for keeping Emma safe, but I ask that you pray for those kids at Texas Children's Hospital.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH WOW!!!

I can imagine how scared you all were. Praise God she's okay!

We have the BEST healthcare in the world!!! (sorry; my doc and I had a long conversation about how offended and tired he is of hearing how horrible USA healthcare is.)

Praying for kids/families in hospitals is something I rarely think to do. Thanks for the reminder.

cristina said...

Glad all is well!

B.jane said...

Oh My...praise God!!!!!!!!!!!