Friday, September 25, 2009

Seasons of change

Now that fall is officially here, I start getting emails with decor ideas and awesome recipes and it makes me all giddy. I love the holidays. James pokes fun at me because with every holiday, I claim it as my "favorite". He told me recently that they are all my favorite. I can't help it. I love family and I love getting together and to me, that's what the holidays are all about. First up is Halloween. I love Halloween. I think it's a blast to get to dress up as some one else for an evening and go to carnivals and play fun games. If I had the time, and of course the money, my house would look like something out of a Martha Stewart catalog to represent each holiday. Maybe someday, but for now I'll just show you some of the super cute Halloween ideas I've seen
recently.

I love to see beautiful and elegant Halloween displays, but for now, I'm really drawn to the kid-friendly ones. I do love this silhouette tree though. I think it's very elegant. I've thought about doing silhouette portraits for our bedroom, now I may have the perfect craft to jump start it !

If you'd like to see some very elaborate decorations, check out Grandin Road . Pricey, but amazing.

This year I'm hoping to have a little Halloween party for the kiddos before we head to the church carnival, but it's up in the air because of work. So, we shall see. I know some people are against Halloween, but to me it's a boat load of fun and I can never remember a time when I didn't dress up. Do you have any Halloween traditions ? I'd love to hear them and maybe get some ideas for myself !

3 comments:

nonni said...

I love the carved white pumpkins minus the creepy SPIDERS !! Yuck why do people have to include them with so much halloween stuff ?

B.jane said...

I Love the decorations too!
Hey...I need your address.
Email me
buffyrobison@yahoo.com
Are you on facebook?

Crystal said...

Amber do you remember where you found the first 3 pics?